I decided to rip all the details off this baby in order to update it! I WISH I would have gotten better before pictures!
This is the crappy finish that I had to sand off the whole thing.
I can't find the before picture of the bottom...this is after sanding. The drawers had this funky swirly design that I puttied over.
This is after some reconstructive surgery. I added moulding in 4 different places and none of it matched. It was all stuff I had on hand. I couldn't remove the shelf for wine glasses, so I added a shelf on top and a piece of moulding.
I was in the mood for yellow, so I painted it a mustard color and distressed and glazed it. Dang, I wish I had a place for this in my house!